TS 16949 : QUALITY SYSTEM FOR AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
TS-16949 is the shorthand name for "management system requirements TS-16949". It is the common supplier quality standards for big three US automotive manufactures.
GOAL OF TS-16949
- CHRY-------------------SLER CORPORATION
- FORD MOTOR
- GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION
The goal for management system requirements TS-16949is the development of fundamentals management system that provides continuous improvement emphasizing defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain. e.g. Maruti Udyog Ltd. in India is going for TS-16949 incl. all dealer / service stations across the country. MASS= MARUTI AUTOMOBILES SALES AND SERVICE.
PURPOSE OF TS-16949
TS-16949 management system requirements are increasingly accepted and demanded internationally by automobile manufactures. TS-16949 is based on the international standards ISO 9000, includes all ISO 9000 requirements plus additional specific requirements of the automotive industry.
ISO 9000 alone no longer meets the international management system requirements for automotive parts manufactures who should implement TS-16949in order to remain competitive in global market.
TS-16949 is divided into three major sections, Section one is titled " ISO 9000- Based requirements". Automotive - specific requirements are added as sub clauses under relevant elements. Section two is titled " Sector-Specific requirements" Here the production plant approval proves continuous improvement and manufacturing capabilities are discussed.
Section three "Customer specific requirements", is primarily auditable by second party(The customer). Listed in this section are those requirements where each of the Big three maintains separate practices.
Requirements of TS-16949
Benefits of TS-16949
- ISO 9000- based requirements.
- Production part approval process(PPAP)
- Advanced product quality planning and control(APQP)
- Failure mode and effect analysis(FMEA)
- Masurement system analysis(MSA)
- Fundamental spc
TS-16949 provides a fundamental quality management system which will ensures continuous improvement, putting the emphasis on defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain.
Major Benefits of TS-16949 include :
- To train few employees in conducting Internal Audit of ISO Quality Management System.
- Plan for Internal Audits.
- Brief Introduction of activities related to Management review Meetings.
- To explain in detail Measurements & Monitoring of Processes